Preparing your Resume for a Pharmaceutical Job
First impressions are lasting ones
You ve got precious little time to catch a recruiter’s eye, which is why you need to make sure your resume is as effective as possible. Here are a few pointers to help get you on an AstraZeneca recruiter’s short list:
- Emphasise what you’ve done, not what you want to do
- Find experiences in your life where you’ve demonstrated the behaviors listed in a job description
- Highlight your contact information and make sure your voicemail message is clear
- Make pertinent information like education, professional experience, leadership roles, team participation and volunteer experience easy to find
- Be honest about your experiences
- Format your resume so it’s readable, concise and in a recognisable font
- Don’t be too lengthy. One page is preferable, but two can be acceptable if you’ve got a lot of experience
- Use descriptive verbs to present your experiences
- Be specific and have evidence to support your statements
- Title your sections clearly: Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, Activities/Achievements
- Keep it short, sweet and to the point
What to avoid on a Pharmaceutical Resume
- Wordiness. Use short sentences. Treat your resume like an advertisement and use complete phrases
- Excessive use of borders, italics and fancy fonts. They don’t upload cleanly into online systems
- Small fonts. Stick to 10-12 point
- Too much bold type. Only enbold major achievements
Last reviewed: January 16, 2015
Have you ever been approached by anyone appearing to be offering a job for which you have not applied for or seen a job advert which does not look genuine?
It has come to our attention that emails and job adverts have been created and circulated by unknown individuals for the purpose of attempting to defraud candidates.
Potential candidates should be wary of approaches that appear to be offering a job for which they have not applied, especially if personal details or money must be sent in order to proceed with the recruitment. Neither AstraZeneca nor any commissioned third parties recruit in this manner. Such approaches are almost certainly fraudulent attempts to gain details of identity for illegal use.
AstraZeneca is taking all necessary steps to investigate this matter further.
AstraZeneca 2016. All rights reserved.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.