Pharmaceuticals — Open Access Pharmaceutical Sciences Journal
- Open Access – free for readers, with article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
- High visibility: citations available in PubMed, full-text archived in PubMed Central. Covered by Embase and Scopus. To be indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index – ESCI (Web of Science) from Vol. 10 (2017).
- CiteScore: 4.90, based on citations in 2016 to articles published 2013-2015,
- Rapid publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 27 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 5 days (median values for papers published in this journal in first half of 2017).
- Testimonials:See what our authors say about Pharmaceuticals
100 nm diameter nanoparticles in aqueous media and can encapsulate doxorubicin (DOX), a well-known anti-cancer drug, and chloroquine (CQ), a known chemosensitizer with arising potential in anticancer medication. The anticancer activity of this system against two aggressive DOX-resistant human prostate adenocarcinoma cell lines and in in vivo animal studies was assessed. The co-administration of encapsulated DOX and CQ leads to improved cell proliferation inhibition at extremely low DOX concentrations (0.25 μΜ). In vivo experiments against DU145 human prostate cancer cells grafted on immunodeficient mice resulted in tumor growth arrest during the three-week administration period and no pervasive side effects. The findings put forward the potential of such targeted low dose combination treatments as a therapeutic scheme with minimal adverse effects. Full article