Master of Education (M.Ed.)
The online Master of Education program at NDC centers on the core content and research components necessary for obtaining a Master of Arts in education and features specialization in one of three areas: special education, reading, and educational leadership. NDC’s liberal arts approach to learning equips educators with the skills necessary to instruct students in innovative methods with compassion and understanding.
The Notre Dame College Master of Education Online Advantage
- Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Affordable tuition ($560/credit hour)
- Delivered online
- Accelerated courses
- Courses taught by full-time expert faculty
Submit a free information request form to find out whether you qualify for this unique advantage.
All degree programs include completing the Common Core and research components necessary for a Master of Education. Endorsements and licensures can be obtained before or during completion of those components.
Mild to Moderate Intervention Specialist License (K-12)
(additional 30-33 credit hours)
The Mild to Moderate Intervention Specialist (MMIS) program prepares individuals to teach students who have mild to moderate special needs in a K-12 environment.
(additional 18 credit hours)
The Reading Endorsement program focuses on best practices in reading instruction for educators seeking to add specific knowledge in reading research, theory and practice. The program focuses on integrating reading instruction across subject areas as well as diagnosing and correcting reading problems and disabilities in PK-12 students.
(additional 24 credit hours)
The Educational Leadership degree program is designed for educators interested in pursuing a career as a principal or school administrator. This degree program emphasizes the importance of instructional leadership in fostering an effective school community.
Students enrolled in the Master of Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership degree program are required to complete 24 weeks (250 hours) of an internship designed to provide students with experience as an active participant in the process of school administration. The internship spans two semesters and is conducted in two three-credit courses.
Master of Education Careers Include
- PK-12 Core Content teacher
- Special education teacher
- Adult literacy and GED teacher
- Instructional coordinator
Click here for more information on education careers.
The admissions office determines admission to the graduate program in professional education based on applicants’ potential for scholarship, leadership as professional educators and dedication to lifelong learning.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field of study is required. If students have not earned a degree, they may consider enrolling in Notre Dame College’s undergraduate program and earning their bachelor’s degree in education.
- An overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above from a regionally accredited institution is also required. NDC may admit students with a GPA lower than 2.75 on a provisional status.
- Copy of official transcript
How To Apply
Request My Info Packet
By requesting information, I am providing express consent for Notre Dame College to contact me by email, phone and text, including my wireless phone number, regarding degree and enrollment information using automated technology. Standard message and data rates may apply to text messages. There is no obligation to enroll.