Master of Education (Ed.M.) – Online
The Master of Education program in K-12 Education is currently on hold.
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Education (Ed.M.) degree program online will help you meet your professional development requirements and advance your career in K-12 or informal education. Through this program, you will:
- Be more effective in the classroom with advanced, research-based strategies
- Stand out as a leader in your school or community
- Become a culturally competent advocate for students and families in your community
Designed for working educators
Our rigorous master’s in education program is delivered online, providing accessibility and convenience. The program provides a rich academic experience while giving you the flexibility to blend course work with your professional and personal life.
If you’re an educator with at least one year of experience, you’ll use your classroom or informal learning setting as your lab to apply educational research, theory and pedagogical practices, and to complete a research project.
Customize your program with specialized options
Oregon State’s education program provides multiple options to allow you to tailor your curriculum plan to meet your personal and professional goals. Options include:
- Advanced science and mathematics education
- Social justice education
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Free-choice (informal) learning
Complete your degree in two years
Learning cohorts begin each fall term.
Our master’s in education program is designed to help you finish your degree in two years as a member of an active learning community of experienced teachers and informal educators from across the country.
A collaborative cohort provides you the opportunity to share common challenges with other professionals and develop effective strategies for student success.
Benefits of the Oregon State Ed.M. program
- All classes are developed and taught by Oregon State’s renowned faculty, who are known for their research, expertise and innovation
- Oregon State Ecampus is consistently ranked as a national leader in online education
- Transfer in up to 15 graduate credits (provided they meet graduate school requirements)
- Network with K-12 teachers and informal educators throughout the U.S.
- OSU’s College of Education preparation program recently received the highest accreditation ranking from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
This is not a teacher licensure program
In compliance with an agreement with the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission for participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), Oregon State University provides information regarding professional licensure through distance education. The courses and programs, delivered online by OSU Ecampus, are not formally approved for professional licensure outside of the state of Oregon.
To determine whether these courses or programs meet licensure requirements in your state, you must contact the appropriate licensing board(s). Visit our license disclosure webpage for each state’s contact information.