LIC Jeevan Anand
*Please note that the quotes shown will be from our partners
LIC’s New Jeevan Anand Plan is a participating Whole Life Endowment Plan with various advantages. As the name suggests, this whole life endowment plan continues to provide coverage till the death of the insured even after the maturity of the plan. This makes Jeevan Anand a perfect blend of an endowment plan and a whole life plan.
Key Features of LIC New Jeevan Anand
- Traditional Participating Endowment Plan
- Regular premium payments option
- On survival till the end of the plan term, the benefit on maturity is paid to the insurance holder and the plan continues to be in force.
- Death Benefit: In a case of the death of the insured, the assured sum is paid to his entitled nominee.
- Added top up covers as riders available on payment of a nominal premium amount.
- Bonuses: Accrued Simple Reversionary Bonuses and Final Additional Bonus
- Death Benefit: In case of the death of the insured,
Sum Assured on Death + Accrued Bonuses
**Payable to the nominee and the plan continues to be in force
- Maturity Benefit: On survival till plan term ends,
Basic Sum Assured + accrued bonuses
**Payable to the policyholder as the Maturity Benefit
- Sum Assuredon Death is defined as higher of:
- 125% of the Basic Sum Assured as per policy terms,
- 10 x(Annualized premium)
- Subject to a minimum of 105% of the total premiums payable as on date of death
- On the insured’s death, the basic sum assured is paid as the death benefit to the nominee and the plan terminates.
- Additional Rider Benefits: LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider.
- Discounted Premiums: Yearly and half-yearly premium payments and for higher sum assured chosen.
- Tax Benefits: On the premium paid, Under Section 80C and on the claims received, Under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act.
LIC New Jeevan Anand – Product Specification
LIC Jeevan Anand Policy Details
Grace Period: A grace period of 30 days is allowed for the payment of due premiums. In case the insurance holder delays the premium payment, he is allowed for a grace period of 30 days. If he fails to pay during the grace period as well, the policy will lapse. However, the insurance holder is allowed to pay within a tenure of 2 years from the due date of the first unpaid premium. He has the option to revive the lapsedLIC New Jeevan Anand Plan by paying all the due premiums within this period.
Free Look Period: Don’t see your Jeevan Anand plan catering your needs well? The policyholder gets a free cancellation option in which he can cancel his plan within 15 days of its inception, given that no claims have been made yet.
Policy Termination or Surrender Benefit: On completion of 3 policy years, the insurance gets charged with surrender value benefits. Also, the insurance plan provides loan advantages under which the insurance holder can avail loan against his policy.
In case the policyholder comits suicide within 12 months of the policy inception, 80 % of the premiums paid till date shall be returned to the nominee. In case of death after the plan renewal, higher of 80% premiums paid till date or the acquired surrender value shall be paid.
The documents required to be insured under this insurance plan are subject to the sum assured amount chosen and the premiums paid for it. Below are some of the basic documents required for getting insured by the plan:
- Correctly filled Application form/Proposal form
- Address Proof
- Age Proof
- Other KYC documents: PAN Card, Adhaar Card, Tax Details etc
- Medical History
- Medical Diagnosis Reports as required
Frequently Asked Questions of LIC New Jeevan Anand
Q.1) I am an NRI, can I avail LIC New Jeevan Anand Plan?
Yes, you can avail New Jeevan Anand plan by Life Insurance Corporation of India, anytime you wish to. As per Indian laws, any Non Resident of India is eligible to buy insurance plans from Indian Insurance Companies. An individual is eligible to get insured by this insurance plan after the submission of the required documents and the correctly filled registration form. After all the required verification is done by the LIC, a confirmation shall be sent to the byuer within 15 to 20 working days.
Q.2)Is the plan subject to be forfeited by the company directly?
Yes, the insurance plan is subject to forfeiture directly by LIC in case the company finds any information provided by the policyholder as misleading or deceiving. The company has complete right to cancel the insurance plan by paying the applicable surrender value. The company has the right to forfeit the insurance plan in a case like this, under Section 45 of Insurance Act, 1938.
Q.3) What are the basic requirements while making a death claim?
In order to make a claim on death, the entitled nominee shall be required to present the claims form along with the original policy documents as issued by LIC in the name of the insured. Additionally, as mentioned in the rider brochure, the nominee shall be required to sumit all the details and documents whichever applicable. such as bank account details, death certificate, medical treatment details before death etc.
Q.4)What are the basic requirements while making maturity or surrender claim?
While making claims on maturity, the insurance holder is required to provide a completely filled discharge form attached with the original policy documents as issued by LIC in the name of the policyholder. Additionally, the policyholder has to provide bank account details for NEFT transfer of the maturity benefit.
While making surrender claims also, the insurance holder has to provide duly filled discharge form attached with the original policy documents as issued by LIC in the name of the policyholder, along with bank details for NEFT transfer of surrender benefits as applicable.
Q.5)Can the policy be dated back?
Yes, the LIC New Jeevan Anand plan can be easily dated backward within the same financial year with charges applicable at the plan term end as per conditions applied.