#chicago pharmaceutical companies
Gain new skills and experience a prospective career path by interning in a pharmaceutical company.
Many senior graduate students explore potential career paths in a pharmaceutical or biotech company by arranging summer internships. Returning interns share their experience with other graduate students in a roundtable discussion scheduled in early fall. You can download a list of companies that offer internships. This list was put together by graduate students researching internships and is a work in progress. Below is the list of the companies where our students frequently intern.
Hospira R D Professional Development Program
Hospira is the world s leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies. The Company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois with approximately 17,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues over $4B.
Now Accepting Applications to R D PDP Program.
Deadline: October 9, 2015
Include UIC in the Subject of the e-mail.
Hospira/Pfizer Research and Development Professional Development Program Presentation and Interviews on October 27, 2015
Hospira staff will be in the UIC College of Pharmacy to present their program to graduate students and postdocs. Presentation will be in room 134-3 from 9:30 am until 10:30 am. Breakfast will be provided. This will be followed by Q A session that will run until 11:30 am.
Interviews: Pre-selected applicants will be invited for panel interviews on October 27. Interviews will be conducted from 12:30 until 5 pm.
Hospira Research and Development (R D) Professional Development Program (PDP)
The Hospira Research and Development (R D) Professional Development Program (PDP) is a graduate level program designed to provide accelerated training in the Pharmaceutical Research and Development (R D) field. The two year rotation program which leads to a full-time position within the organization offers real world, hands-on experience in important roles and projects to the company while promoting personal and professional growth for the participants.
As a member of the PDP you will:
- Deliver on key goals and objectives for the company and contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Rotate through four demanding and diverse assignments in different disciplines within the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Develop and enhance your communication skills supervising others, participating in meetings, and providing presentations to other Hospira personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Gain experience working with cross-functional disciplines including Regulatory, Program Management, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Be assigned a mentor to provide guidance and oversight of your development in the program.
- Obtain training to support your professional growth and development.
- Have full time employee status with Hospira, Inc, and qualify for the same competitive salary and benefits as other Hospira employees.
- Potentially be required to relocate to various Hospira manufacturing sites throughout the world as part of a rotation.
Core rotations: Early stage development, Generic Product Development, On-market product support.
Options for additional assignments: Existing portfolio expansion to emerging markets, Program Management, Contract Manufacturing and Microbiology.
- Graduate degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Strong academic performance as demonstrated by research publications, presentations or equivalent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, leadership and initiative.
- Qualified candidates must be interested in pursuing careers in R D within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Rotation locations vary and thus the candidate must be willing to relocate for assignments
Contact for more information: